A prayer of Daniel...for his daughter Elizabeth
Oh Holy God in Heaven,
You are so good to me. I am overwhelmed by your kindness towards me in allowing me the opportunity to have a child. What a blessing Elizabeth is to me. Your loving kindness is too great to fathom. What a wonderful and mighty God you are. I praise your name for you are good! I praise your name for you are mighty! This child is a gift. Oh my Lord may you give me the strength and patience to be the father I need to be for Elizabeth. Help me to teach her your ways. Give me the strength to guide her in your commands and desires. Fill me with your wisdom so that Elizabeth might be filled with the wonder of You and your greatness! The only way that I can be a good father is for you to teach me how to father. Teach me in love, teach me in discipline, teach me in mercy. I long for my daughter to love you and honor you. May I do whatever I can to ensure that as she grows she will accept your grace, your commandments, and your salvation. I want nothing more than for Elizabeth to join her mother and me in heaven, around your throne, lifting praises to your name. All this I ask in the name of your son, Christ. AMEN
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment